6.16.2013

Reflection of the day: this seems stupid. But I think it is so true. That I am now learning language as a 4 year-old kid.

Why, a little kid and I are learning language in the same way: we observe other people and immitate what they say. We try to speak as much as possible as a practice. We are on almost the same language ability level, and we are both memorizing and learning more vocabulary and grammar. AND we constantly make mistakes.

The obstacle in learning a language is the fear of making mistakes. Obviously—at least I think—we may think the opportunity cost of making mistakes is very high: showing a lack of language ability in the public is embarrassing.

In the first week after arriving in Leipzig, I have been striving to overcome this obstacle. As I wrote in the last post, I need to be more “shameless” in the public, not afraid of making mistakes.

……………

Also, Essen heute!

Heute hatte ich für Frühstück Milch, ein Brötchen und manchmal Würste. Ganz gesund!

Mittagessen hatte ich nichts besonders. Nur zwei Brötchen und eine Viertel Pizza.

Und ich hatte eine Tasche Schwarzbier am Nachmittag.

eine Tasche Schwarzbier an der Thomaskirche

Und Abendessen… Ich hatte Pho! Es war sehr schön und billig! Folgenden ist eine Photo des Phos.