29.7.13, viel Spaß haben

Today was a fun day and worth noting. Morning was regular speaking course. But in the afternoon, during our project “typisch Deutsch”, we visited an old and very stylish Brauerei, Bayerischer Bahnhof. The location for this Biergarten was once the train station in Leipzig, one of the earliest in Europe. The coolest part of the visit was a tour to the beer making plants. We saw the huge machines where beer is been processed and heard strange funny sounds. This place was normally only allowed for staff, but today we had the luck to visit here! After that we had one of the most traditional beer in Leipzig: Gose. Before we drink Gose we have to say, not “cheers” or “Prost”, but “Gosiana”! When we were drinking beer we talked further about various things about beer and beer and other alcohol drinks around the world. Our group consisted of people from Lithuania, Czech Republic, Russia, USA, Ukraine, Moldova and … ( oh crap, I forgot the country of one or two people in the group…… ) it was really an international and intercultural talk, and I liked the open atmosphere of our chat.
In the evening I went to a Texan restaurant with three other people. Food and chat couldn’t be better. The best part, however, was after dinner. It suddenly rained very heavily, and we were sitting outside under a big umbrella, and we decided to go right away. Then the people along the way have seen four foreigners  running in the rain, laughing and shouting. I was all wet when I got back to my room, but it was fun – some of the fun and craziness, like running in the rain with friends, can only be done when your are young.