14.7.13,Würzburg and Frankfurt am Main

Morning and afternoon in Würzburg. Not particularly interesting, probably because the weather was very very hot… This kind of weather is definitely not suitable for traveling… The highlights though, was again after a rough hike to the castle situated at the top of a hill. The castle was nothing special, but along the way I saw a huge sea of grapes… They are the wine yards, the origin of the success of a number of German wines. In he afternoon I tasted again another wine at the wine house I visited yesterday night. It was a slightly different taste. To someone who knows little about wine, like me, these two glasses of wine represented my journey to Würzburg. The wines are what make the city special.
In late afternoon I travelled to Frankfurt am Main. I was told that this city was not worth touring since it was a rebuilt city and not many historical buildings, but I see this city as a very special one in Germany. It is said to be the only city in Germany that was built skyscrapers after the war, and it seems to be true. It is very modernized city with tall buildings centered in an area along the Main river. I climbed to the top of the main tower to enjoy a panorama view of the city. Frankfurt is nothing compared to Manhattan… But in Europe it should be a huge center for commerce and other business things. At the top of this building it is also possible to observe the landing and taking off routes of airplanes. Frankfurt is special because it has so many tall buildings. No other cities in German has so many I believe.
In the evening I went to a restaurant far from the center of the city, but it was recommended by my hostel, so I think it should be good. And actually it is good. Here I also met a middle aged man who made my day. After my meal I was asking where does Frankfurt belong to during the 19th century. No one could answer my question, so they recommended this man to all to me. He also didn’t solve my question, but we began to talk about regional specialties in Germany, and he bought me a glass of apple wine and told me this is a speciality in Frankfurt. We kept talking about various topics for another 30 minutes and he even invited me to some gay festival in Frankfurt next Saturday. Whether to go or not is still in vague, but I had a great time talking to him and enjoying the glass of apple wine. The only mystery to me is, he seems to be very hateful abut Bavaria. Is it true,chat people from different regions in Germany still have negative opinions about people from other regions? Are some of the German questions today still unsolved?
Thinking about politics is tired… Now going to sleep..
By the way I am staying at the heart of the red light zone in Frankfurt… Nothing dangerous,cut there are always creepy people who too eagerly invite you to their sex clubs…