Romantische Straße, 13.7.13

Today in the morning

I got on the romantic road bus and headed Rothenburg ob Der Tauber. Yesterday’s bike ride left me two tried legs… But that actually made me very happy as I haven’t been working out in Germany… The bus took us to several cities along the romantic road. The sceneries were beautiful as I have seen in various blogs. But the mot fantastic is definitely Rothenburg. This is truly a ancient city! Despite that the city remains the perfect settings of an medieval city, most of the city survived the Second World War. Walking on the town wall, I could see the entire wall that surrounds the city and a huge military fortress to the west end of the city wall. And the postcard scenery, two bridges with a tower… I stayed there for nearly half an hour, taking pictures and enjoying the view. It was truly fantastic! I also had a traditional cuisine at Rothenburg in a beautifully decorated restaurant. All was great.
In the evening I travelled to Würzburg. There was a carnival there! I have heard that in Germany there are lots of festivals. I have seen a few in Leipzig. But seeing a carnival… Wow! I didn’t try any attractions in the carnival such as the roller coaster, because I think this kind of events is best to enjoy with several friends. I am traveling alone, so I just go around in the carnival, enjoying the delightful atmosphere.
After that I had a glass of traditional wine on the oldest bridge of the city. THIS IS WINE MAN!! I know nothing about wine, but this tasted really good.