16.7.13, Bremen and Hamburg

Today I travelled to Bremen and Hamburg.
By the way, this morning I found that my toothpaste was stolen. What kind of people these days take away someone’s toothpaste????
Before going to Bremen there was a little story… When I checked the train to Bremen I found out that there were too many people taking the train and I might not get a seat, and the train takes a long time. So then in a second I decided to visit another city: Dortmund. There is only one place I wanted to visit in Dortmund, and that is the very big and famous stadium for Dortmund soccer team. I spent an hour and half in Dortmund, visited the huge stadium and the fan shop.
This was a totally random decision… I never thought I would have time for another city. Maybe this is just one of the advantages of traveling alone: you can have super flexible schedule and design the route on your own.
Bremen is a nice town, with stories that made this city more charming. The Bremen Musicians stays one of the most popular fairy tale of the Grimm Brothers. Today a statue consisting four animals that com from this story, stands at one corner of old town. This statue is very small, and it took me a long time to find it, and at last I realized it stands at the corner I passed at least four times…..
Then to Hamburg. I think this should be a water town, or Venice of Germany! The entire city seems to be on water. There are so many rivers that flows across and in the city. So beautiful. I remembered I said before that only a city with water can be lively. And i think in Hamburg this saying is best testified. At night the color of the sky, the various lights of restaurants and buildings along the rivers, mix with their images in the river and they all together made a harmonious symphony of colors. The old Rathous and other historical buildings not far from the rivers just add to the charming effect of the river in this city.